1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Must Die!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nvisible, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

Ok I am trying to save this keyboard but I do not think it will be possible so I will see what you think....

I recently cleaned my keyboard. Took all the keys out blew it out really good.
    And put it back together then the problems began I think the enter key on the Standard side is stuck. First it does not work I have to use the Enter on the Number Key side. Second when I restart my computer the XP logon window appears I click on it and asks for password well becouse the enter key is stuck it goes into a loop cycle of nothing entered and the did you forget you password screen. It does this for a minute then of course XP locks up do to the security protocol it has to lock up for a couple of minutes when the wrong password is entered to many times. Any way this is my possesed key board if any one has any Ideas to save me about 40 bucks i would be much appreciated

Thank You

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Well, you could take it apart again and see if you can make the enter key work correctly. But a generic keyboard can be had for free after rebate.

3. AlbertB

AlbertB

Mouse and keyboard, I always keep 2 of each to hand now having been caught out just the same as yourself, and as you say the simplest of things can cause the biggest of headaches. When items like this become intermittent in their behaviour it is a good policy to just junk them immediately, don't bother trying a fix. The next time the problem reappears it will be worse!

Like AC says, they are so cheap they are almost free to replace nowadays. Get a new one and a backup and never be caught out again, (just as I am every time I say I won't be ;))

4. Nvisible

Nvisible Thread Starter

Thanks guy yeah I am searching out the vast waste land they call ebay I am looking at 5 bucks cant beleive I wasted my time posting ..... although AlbertB has been dually noted so maybe I will be spending 10 bucks... Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice