1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard:Need to press symbols twice then get two

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SilentAshes, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SilentAshes

SilentAshes Thread Starter

I have recently reinstalled Windows XP and now my keyboard symbols are weird. I have to press them twice for them to work, then it gives me two. My number " 6 " works fine, first tap and it's there... but with the " ^ " I have to press it twice. I can't find any drivers for this keyboard and everyone seems to just say; unplug, restart and change the USB slot. But none of this solves my problem. It is especially annoying when typing reports when my quotations have to be so difficult.

My keyboard is a Santek Eclipse, Model: KU-0603

Only these symbols are this way: ' " ^ ` ~

Everything else works just fine. I thought that perhaps I accidentally executed some program or option, but I can't find anything.

2. SilentAshes

I plugged in another keyboard and the symbols still act the same... Now I'm uberly stomped >.<

3. SilentAshes

My husband finally figured it out. The option is in Control Panel>Regional and Language options >click the Language tab>Details button. Now click the Key Settings button, click the selection for "Switch Between Input Languages." Now click, "Change Key Sequence". Look for Switch Keyboard Layout and press the keys that it lists and then try to type and it should work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004550