1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard not detected windows xp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snooker, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snooker

snooker Thread Starter

Hi ... Every once in awhile my computer doesn't detected my keyboard... I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in restart my computer for it to work ... Now this only happen once in awhile .... Does anybody know what could be causing this ??? Any info most thankful ....

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Most likely a bad keyboard or keyboard PS2 port. Never unplug the keyboard while the computer is on unless its USB. Speaking of USB - this would be a good alternative because it would replace the keyboard and the keyboard connection with one move.

The USB ports are the small rectangular ports just under the keyboard/mouse that can be used with just about anything.

3. Ridgerunr

Ridgerunr

If your keyboard has an USB adapter plug, Triple6 is correct. But also consider going into setup(BIOS) and be sure USB is enabled first thing on boot...

4. snooker

snooker Thread Starter

Hi ... I have a microsoft keyboard which has both USB and PS2 which i have both plug in ... Also i never unplug with the comp on only when its off ... I do have USB enable as well in the bois ... This problem only happen once in awhile ...

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Which connection are you using - the USB or PS2?

If you have tried using each one and it still does it, then you may want to try using a different keyboard. You don't have to buy one, just switch with someone for awhile.

6. snooker

snooker Thread Starter

Okay thanks for all the info and i will try that as well

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice