Keyboard not functioning after booting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

basement

I have a Abit KT7 motherboard, and a pretty old ps/2 keyboard, and a logitech [email protected]

Yesterday my whole computer went berzerk when I tried to change my mouse from ps/2->usb, I would get a bluescreen from a audiodriver and after fixing that, the mouse still didn't work properly.. Or it did, but it found new hardware (the mouse) after every reboot and it had a logitech mouse installed under human interface devices and under mouse it had just (unknown mouse= installed.. well to get there it took about 5h of uninstalling and installing different drivers and it finally seemed to work .. when upon booting into xp, the keyboard stopped working. In bios it still works, but if I eg. repeatedly press caps lock when booting, after the grey bar has gone to the right edge the light on the keyboard stops flashing..

I have absolutely now idea wtf is up with this. I think that this same problem has occured before too, I remember it being one of those bugs solved by eating a banana while dancing on one foot.. :p

Yeah so now I'm installing (or recovering the installed version) of xp, but its kinda stuck since when it boots the first time from the hard drive the keyboard wont work in the installation program when it asks me where a file is.. I think I'll now install a fresh copy of xp, but please I really hope someone can shed some light on whats happening.

Since your mouse is working, click on your start and then "help and support". There you can click on system restore and pick a date before your woes. I've used this several time to save me from myself poking around and messing things up. Now I know this doesn't answer the "why" of your problem, but it might save you some hours of frustration. Also, once you get things as you like them, you can pick a particular date and set it with a name so that you can restore to that particular day. Another useful feature in XP.
Good luck!
AK

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts