1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard not recognized.... new build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wotan, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wotan

wotan Thread Starter

Hey guys -- I've got a new build I'm working on and i've never run into this problem before. Here are the specs:

Abit Fatality fp-in9 SLI n650i
    Q6600
    2x Corsair Balistic 1gb DDR2
    Radeon X1650
    575W low-end PSU

The problem I'm having is that it boots up but won't recognize DEL to take me to the bios. There are only three thoughts that I've got....

1) Keyboard is bad -- I'm typing on it right now and it works on 2 other PCs. It's a PS2 keyboard.
    2) My PSU does not have an 8-pin connector, so I am using the P4 connector and there are 4 holes still open. Extensive googling told me this shouldn't be a problem and an adapter is not going to be easy to come by.
    3) RMA time for the MB?

Thoughts?

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Your sure Bios is Del and not F1 or F2? Jazz

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

make sure the f lock is not on if keyboard has one. I would try pulling the bios battery for 5 minutes and replacing or the cmos jumper as it may be set for usb keyboard and I have seen where those will not recognize Ps2 on certain boards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice