1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard not typing all the letters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iluvtolaff, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff Thread Starter

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 computer with the Dell keyboard that came with it. I've had it for almost 5 years. The past few weeks, I've had problems with the keyboard not inputting the letters I type. I'll type a sentence or 2 and look up to see only 1/2 of the first sentence is there.
    This mostly happens when I'm posting on online forums. It has yet to happen when I'm working in Word.

Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks
    Barbara

Windows XP Home Edition

2. iluvtolaff

Yoo-hoo!! It's been almost a week since I posted my question. Can anyone help me, please?

3. Chris A

Chris A

Can you borrow a different keyboard to try out and see if the same problem happens.. My bet is that it will happen with another one and your problem is not with the hardware but with software. Pretty sure your internet explorer is laging a bit and causing this.

4. iluvtolaff

No, I don't know where I could borrow another keyboard to try. I don't use Internet Explorer, I use Firefox. What would cause this problem if it is in the browser itself?

5. Chris A

Chris A

I have seen Java aplications cause this.. Might try another browser and reinstall Firefox.

6. iluvtolaff

Hmmmm....I just reinstalled Firefox 4 days ago due to another possible problem with it.
    Thank you for your replies! :)

7. Chris A

Chris A

Sorry Im not much help but keyboards are pretty basic they either work or they dont. When on Web sites there are lots of things going on with Flash and Java and other add ons loading. One of those loading and slightly laging your computer to the point that it no longer accepts keyboard input for a few seconds can be a pain. Try waiting a few seconds before typeing see if that helps. Discovering the problem night be a pain in the B$#@

8. iluvtolaff

Haha! Thanks Chris! No, I don't want to go through anything that might be a pain in the B$#@!!
    I'll just keep an eye on my typing from now on.

Thanks for your help! :)

9. Leec65

Leec65

you can buy a new keyboard for about 10.00-15.00 I would try that

10. iluvtolaff

Thanks Lee.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/870827

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice