1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard not working on Laptop (liquid spill!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanill4, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanill4

vanill4 Thread Starter

Sorry if I didn't post on the right section.

So basically I spilled liquid on my laptop keyboard and now it doesn't work anymore.
    I turned it upside down for a while, I blow dried it and yeah at first it worked but after like... 2 minutes it stopped working forever! Guess the liquid short circuited the keyboard.

Should I just send my laptop in to some store and get it fixed?
    Or should I remove the keys (which sounds really complicate and a delicate work)
    Maybe I should uninstall the keyboard driver and re install in?

For more info I'm using a COMPAQ Presario v6000

***P.S: The weirdest thing is that when I open my laptop, it makes a loud beeping noise and then I kinda freezes on the startup screen (shows COMPAQ, and tells you to press ESC for config)
    So I press ESC hoping it works and yeah it does. I press ESC again and windows starts up.
    -> Does it mean that only the ESC button on my keyboard work?

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice