Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboard Not working

906 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  phillpower2 
#1 ·
Good morning and thank you for this privilege. I just signed up and have challenge on my laptop keyboard. Actually I have this information if it will help in your accessing please.
Device name: Desktop 5SVBPA2
PROCESSOR : INTEL (R) PENTIUM (R) CPU N3510 @ 1.99GHZ
INSTALLED RAM: 4:00 GB (3.90 GB INSTALLED)
DEVICE ID. 9DODB43B-7770-4E57-BAB6-5957E2F63B2E
PRODUCT ID. 00326-10000-00000-AA103
SYSTEM TYOE: 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM, X64
PEN &
TOUCH : NO PEN OR TOUCH INPUT FOR DISPLAY

Only some keys typing d system is a HP system. Please help. It was working before I understand because I collected it florin a friend with the how of purchasing it for him. It had windows 8 but when I discovered it didn't work I installed a fresh window 10 home edition on it.

How do I get the remaining keyboard keys to work?. Pls Help

#2 ·
Hello Goldprof,

That is an old system so you may find that the keys have just worn out.

Try connecting a USB keyboard to the notebook, if all keys work on that it does go some way to confirming that a new keypad is required.

In addition to the above, did you reinstall the HP system drivers after you had installed Window 10, if yes, did you install the chipset drivers first.

#6 ·
Yes it is a HP
I installed windows 10 home edition
Version 21h1
Is build 19043.867
Product ID is 0036
Borrow a USB keyboard if you can, if not, you will have to take the notebook to a tech store.

Suggesting that people go out and purchase new hardware is a last resort and that is why trying a USB keyboard has been advised, will it work, I`m afraid that`s what you need to find out by trying it.
Thanks. I discovered when I used another external keyboard all d keys worked. It seems as if the keyboard is d one that is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.