1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Pressing Both Shift keys every 5 sec

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gust0007750, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gust0007750

Gust0007750 Thread Starter

My MSI gt60 laptop's keyboard is folded and closed with screen facing the keyboard all the way down. My external monitor tv is showing that the Onscreen Keyboard has both shift keys pressed for 5 seconds, unpresses them 5 seconds and repeats this cycle making it impossible to use the PC. I used virus scans and no water or dust could reach the keyboard since the manufacturer has plastic tape in between keys the way a new laptop has it.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Same problem when running Windows in Safe Mode?

3. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

What SpywareDr said, have you tried it in Safe Mode?
    To do that, click the Start button, the Power button, and hold down the shift key while you click restart. Choose Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, (maybe more advanced options, too), and then Startup. When it reboots and gives you a menu, choose #4 which is plain Safe Mode. If the keyboard still screws up, it's 90+% that you have a hardware problem; but the keyboard is not that bad to replace.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice