Keyboard problem with XP Gateway 1450 laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RaePirate

Hey,
I'm praying for someone to know how to help me.

Four years ago, I bought a Gateway 1450 laptop. I used it on and off again-put it away for awhile. A year or two ago, I brought it back out and attempted to use it. Much to my dismay, my keyboard didn't work. I took it to my boyfriend (A Geek Squad member at Best Buy) and he suggested that we buy a new keyboard for it. We got an almost brand new one off of Ebay. Before we put the new one in, we made sure to clean underneath very carefully. When we put the new one in, it fit perfectly, but it didn't work, either. It didn't even work for 10-15 minutes, like my old keyboard used to do at random intervals. We are at a loss. Everything else works fine on it. I was able to get my files off of it with a USB mouse so my boyfriend could reformat, but reformatting didn't do anything. Does this have anything to do with my motherboard, or is there a program or procedure I could do to make my keyboard work again.

Please respond and thanks for your help.
-Rae

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online