Keyboard Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MichaelAn

I am having an issue with my keyboard where it does not type some of the characters correctly. For example, when I try to type a question mark this is what I get - É When I try to type an apostrophe this is what I get - è. When I try to type a quotation mark, this is what I get - È. When I try to type the brackets above the comma key this is what I get - ' and this is what I get when I try to type the bracket above the period key - ". When I try to type the slash key (same key as the question mark) this is what I get - é

This problem is slowing me down in my work, I have tried everything from reinstalling my USB keyboard to switching to a PS2 keyboard all the way to uninstalling and reinstalling my Office XP Professional software, nothing seems to fix this problem.

Are there any suggestions, oh I forgot, no question marks:mad:

HELP PLEASE!!!

Check your Windows setting (not Office) for the keyboard type it thinks it has.

Control Panel - Regional and Language - Languages - Details -
Check that the Default input language is correct for your location, and under Installed Services that you have Keyboard US.

It sounds like you have a European setup enabled?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online