1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by TristanSDM, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TristanSDM

TristanSDM Thread Starter

I'm running Suse 8.1 on an IBM thinkpad A31. About 1 in 5 times when i start up my keyboard doesn't work. (as in no keys work at all). Any suggestions anyone?........PLEASE!!!!!

Tristan

2. pastorjim

pastorjim

Hey Tristan, Me too! Just tried to log on with SuSE 8.1 and my keyboard doesn't respond at all. Maybe we'll get an answer before too long :) Jim

3. lynch

lynch

What keyboard are you guys using?USB or ps/2 or thinkpad?
    SuSE 8.1 has been locking up my keyboard randomly since I installed it.I went an ran YOU and it seemed to take care of the problem.That is until I tried to install ntpd yesterday with YaST2 and it happened again.I still havent figured it out yet:mad: My mouse pointer still moves around but I cant click on anything.
    I'll post anything I come up with but until then,try running YOU(Yast2 Online Update)
    lynch

4. TristanSDM

TristanSDM Thread Starter

I'm using the thinkpad keyboard. Haven't tried updating yet, I do get some errors in my boot log. I'll try and post them here ASAP.

5. pastorjim2

pastorjim2

Hi I am using ps2. Seems I am typing with invisible ink I can't use my mouse to "click" in but I can use enter.
    I really don't have the slightest inkling about what is going on using Linux- I am lost and confused in this OS-sorta like a "stranger in a strange land".
    :confused:
    I have 2 different cpus 1 with winXP and another with SuSE 8.1-am spending 2 or so hrs/day working with suse and the user guide so hopefully I'll get the hang of it.
    For some reason I can't play any music cds on the suse unit-I do get sound at start up but no sound from cd player.:(
    End of rant!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!