1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sparky65, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sparky65

sparky65 Thread Starter

I have a question about my computer I have a problem with my keyboard going in and out. When I first boot up the system keyboard lights up and is detected, the next time I restart or shut down the computer and power it on again. The keyboard doesn't light up and is not detected, however turning it off and on or resetting it will make the keyboard be recognized again? please help?

2. pvc9

pvc9

Its probably the connector, may be its not plugged in correctly. Check the connections again. How old is the keyboard?

3. sparky65

sparky65 Thread Starter

I had checked the connection and replugged in the keyboard, it is a new standard ps2 keyboard. Same problem.

4. pvc9

pvc9

Hmm...a new keyboard! :rolleyes:

Just for a trial...connect another keyboard and see if the problem continues.

When the keyboard isn't detected is any error message displayed like...'Keyboard Error' or 'Keyboard Not Found' :confused: Any?

5. sparky65

sparky65 Thread Starter

I had tried a new keyboard and yes it does display error messages such as keyboard not found.

6. pvc9

pvc9

Ok.

Not sure what the reason is...:rolleyes: but when did this start? How old is the motherboard?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!