1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alonein, Oct 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

Not working keyboard on my pc, even I can't choose bios or any function keys also, removed mobo battery and reinsert to reset default values, but no luck, keyboard works in other computer, change every port, ports are working fine, usb disk also working, mouse working, but only keyboard not working, i also buy new keyboard hoping that work, but still bad luck, I am on windows 10 64bit, boots up fine mouse working, on screen keyboard working, I get ease of access and tried every possible things in keyboard section, sticky, filter etc, no virus.
    PC A4-3400 amd hd 6410d, psu Zebronics 450w, mobo Foxconn, ram 8gb Hynix 1600mhz, hdd barracuda 1tb. Custom built, working from last 2 years.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

go into bios with a working keyboard from another machine and set usb legacy to ON

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You might need a PS/2 keyboard before you can change anything in the Bios. Also the motherboard would have to have a PS/2 connector of course.

4. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

No I think there is a problem with my motherboard or in hardware bios, my pc does not detected 2-3 keyboards, but it is detected branded keyboards, like dell, microsoft, only.
    not tag, tvs, Zebronics and others. I have taken my pc to shop they tried possible things, and said "there a problem in components" or in motherboard, but I have to give it to chip level, I think they are trying to cheat. Can't understand why my keyboards not running.. tried ps2 keyboard also, thanks for your time, but hey my problem wasn't solved yet... Please reply. Thanks to all.

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Are you saying the branded keyboards worked properly ?

6. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

Yes sir. Branded working perfectly.

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Then I suggest you use the branded keyboard.

As to why the other keyboards don't work are they wired or wireless types ?

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I had an issue with my husband's Dell Optiplex. (The only computer in the house that uses a USB keyboard; all the others have PS/2 ports). One keyboard I bought would not let me enter the BIOS. I swapped it out for another and that one worked. So, yes, some computers are particular about what keyboard they use.

9. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

Well I will stick with the brand keyboard,
    But my pc is doing wrong with me
    Well miss,ploder thanks, but my pc supports every keyboard, I think hardware bios and keyboard frequency doesn't match. But branded keyboards matched with hardware frequency works with the hardware bios.
    Thanks for brands.
    Hey thanks to all here for trying to solve my problem.

10. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

Thanks miss ploder but I think keyboard have its own frequency which matches the bios, but I used every keyboard before, stuck only in this. Well thanks for the time.

11. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Please tell us if the keyboards are wired or wireless types.

12. Alonein

Alonein Thread Starter

All Wired keyboards.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice