1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maggiemay, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggiemay

maggiemay Thread Starter

I am experiencing a problem with my keyboard. It is working fine with my internet connections and e-mail. However, when I try to use it for my Microsoft Home Publishing Suite 2000 or for Microsoft Word, it will not allow me to use the alphabet keys, tabs etc. I can use the direction keys and delete. It was working fine earlier this week and is not a new keyboard. I am using Microsoft XP on my system. Any ideas how I can solve this problem? I need know quickly due to a work deadline. Thanks!

2. n79ford

n79ford

Eazyest solution: New Keyboard, you said it might not be new. What more perfect reason to upgrade. But if you not up to that you could go to the system properties-device manager- look for the keyboard uninstall and than reinstall, it might work rabbit it might.

3. CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Try to remove it from Device Manager as n79ford stated.
    If that doesn't work, keyboards are a dime-a-dozen.
    You can even get an ergonomic board at Wal Mart for about 15 bucks.
    I miss the one I had. Orange Juice + Keyboard = *#$%&#@
    I now type on a board that cost me $3 bucks from the Computer Deli.

I'm just too cheap to get another decent board.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/225408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice