1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anky64, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anky64

anky64 Thread Starter

I am having intermittent problems with my keyboard which is a logitech cordless and has good battery levels. Sometimes I am unable to type when online at other times I can type but the time lag is about 3 secs per letter. Offline the typing is OK and the settings in the control panel are OK.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Check your PC with Spybot, AdAware etc.

Its just possible you have a keylogger trojan that is sending your keystrokes when connected?

3. saikee

saikee

I take it you have of course loaded all the supplied drivers into the operating system. The behaviour is also consistent with an OS coping with damaged drivers or without the appropriate drivers.

4. anky64

anky64 Thread Starter

Gents
    checked with spybot and latest downloads of software loaded, still intermittent especially on aol(keywords & addresses) checked with online help, referred to vendor no ideas

5. saikee

saikee

Don't think there is any harm to remove the driver and re-install it again.

Use the a cheapy cordless keyboard and mouse on mine (£19) and the receiver has a light to indicate if any device is touched or move and have no problem so far.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/242042

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice