1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JammyDoger, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JammyDoger

JammyDoger Thread Starter

hey

i recently brought a saitek gaming keyboard and plugged it in and all that but when i hold shift and press the @ key it comes up with " and when i hold shift and press 2 it comes up with @... it only seems to be these 2 keys and the # and 3 keys. any help please? :confused:

if i hold shift and press 1-0 i get [email protected]#$%^&*()

2 and 3 are wrong :confused:

if i press shift+# key i get | which is wrong :confused:
    @ key = " :confused:

2. ClubMan

ClubMan

Are you sure the problem is the keybaord and not that the operating system (Windows I presume?) is configured for a US keyboard layout instead of something else (UK?). From the keystrokes you mention it certainly looks like you are expecting UK or similar characters but are actually getting US results. Does that make sense to you? (Not sure if I'm making myself clear! :eek: )

3. PC TECH250

PC TECH250 Banned

It sounds more like a language other then english type issue here. Perhaps there was
    a software glitch on the original cd. One idea is to see if any updates for downloading
    can be found at the manufacturer's support site. A simple update might resolve this.

4. JammyDoger

JammyDoger Thread Starter

ah thx for the replies :)

yeh i wanted a UK keyboard :p i also had a new motherboard so maybe it must have been US or something. i fixed it thx to my irl m8 he said it was the language settings in control panel. i changed them all to UK english :) thx for ur help anyway :)

p.s i understood wht u ment clubman :)

5. PC TECH250

PC TECH250 Banned

For this to happen is not that surprising due to the default settiings seen on installing
    softwares for keyboards When you are from the states, you often take for granted the
    thought that everyone simply runs the default assuming there is no big difference in a
    keyboard output. That isn't counting the languages that generally follow English when
    the next setting at install is Chinese, Spanish, Italian, German, etc. where you just get
    the top one installed without realizing a difference in the same language! RESOLVED!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/415668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice