keyboard shuts down computer after pressing "Caps Lock"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mindooner

Hello.
Recently, specifically 11/23/2016, my computer started shutting off by itself. At first, I thought it was a problem with the internal fan. So, I bought some compressed air and used that to remove the dust from my fan. When that didn't work, I thought it was a virus. So, I ran tons of virus scans and still came up with nothing. My computer was virus-free. It wasn't until today that I realized my laptop turned off every time I pressed caps lock. I didn't discover it before because I must've pressed it by accident and not realized. Also, my caps lock button used to light up when activated, but now it doesn't light up at all. I think there might be a short in my hardware, but I'd really like someone elses' opinion before I assume the worst. When I go To Control Panel And Make The Keyboard Easier To Use. And I Tried to disable Sticky keys. So If Anyone Could Help me fix it i would really appreciate it.
-Mindooner

Triple6

Rob
The keyboard itself could have physical damage or just failed, I'd start by trying an external keyboard and if all is well then I'd remove the internal keyboard and inspect for liquids or a damaged cable. Laptop keyboards are generally pretty cheap and easy to replace.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts