1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard sometimes does not work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4freebird, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4freebird

4freebird Thread Starter

I hope someone can help with this annoying problem.

Sometimes when I boot up, my keyboard is inoperative. I have reinstalled the plug and checked all connections. Now when my keyboard does not work I simply reboot and everything is OK - no need to check the connection.

Still this is a nuisance when the keyboard becomes inoperative and I wonder if there is something else I can do to try to eliminate this irritant.

2. marathon851

marathon851

I would try another keyboard and see if it happens with that one as well, then at least you can narrow it down to either a software problem or maybe your motherboard....

3. 4freebird

4freebird Thread Starter

Thanks marathon851, but I already tried this keyboard with another CPU and there were no similar problems. Even though the connecting port on both CPU's seems identical, I wonder if there is a minute difference in my current CPU (probably larger) so that the connection between my keyboard and the CPU is "lost" on initial bootup; hence the inoperative keyboard. But there is no problem with my mouse connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270467

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice