1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard strokes virus?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by JayMBee, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayMBee

JayMBee Thread Starter

I think my wife's computer may be infected with a keyboard strokes monitoring virus so I was hoping for some help and advice as to what's the best course of action.

We had noticed occasional problems over a few weeks and assumed it was the keyboard in some way. Got a new keyboard last weekend but still the same problem persisted. However, weighing everything up the problem is only occurring when a password is being typed into Ebay, Online Banking etc. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to type in the correct password however slow the keys are pressed. It has required counting how many characters have been input since a problem occurs when some characters are repeated. There is no problem whatsoever in Word, Excel and general typing which is why it's finally dawned on me that it must be a virus of some form.

So, what is the best way of tracking down the virus? I've run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but that hasn't found anything so is there better software that can be run to find and fix the problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!