1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard suddenly not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xroxis01, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xroxis01

xroxis01 Thread Starter

i had to move my computer to another room so i unplugged everything on it including the keyboard. when i open my computer, the keyboard wasn't working. i looked on the back and saw it was plugged in the mouse ps2 since my mouse is usb. so, i placed it back to the keyboard ps2. it still doesn't work, so i restarted my computer but it still doesn't work.

my solutions....
    use another keyboard that is working. did not work
    go to device manager and uninstall HID Keyboard Device, then press scan for hardware changes to re-install itself. did not work
    tried updating driver software. did not work

i just saw the location in the properties of HID Keyboard Device is "on USB Human Interface Device" but my keyboard is ps2.

2. nickgr5

nickgr5

Can you at least reach the BIOS (press Del or F12/F2 during startup) before Windows starts?
    One thing you can try is resetting the BIOS settings; open your computer's case and remove the round CMOS battery which is placed on the motherboard. Also, you can try borrowing a USB keyboard or even using a PS/2 to USB Converter (shouldn't cost more than $1-2) to see if that helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice