1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard types wrong characters.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikster49, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mikster49

mikster49 Thread Starter

Well, my computer is an Acer Aspire PC running on Windows Vista Home Premium, but when I try to type things, my keyboard will type in a completely different symbol. For example, in most programs, instead of an apostrophe, Ill get è instead, or if I want to use square brackets, Ill get ^^ç. It wont happen in Microsoft word, but it will happen when Im on the internet, or using the search function in my computer.

Here's what the Keyboard driver window keeps telling me:

Under general tab:

HID Keyboard device

Device Type: Keyboards
    Manufacturer: (Standard keyboards)
    Device status: This device is working properly.

Under Driver Tab:

Driver provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 21/06/2006
    Driver version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Digital Signer: microsoft windows

If anyone out there could help me, It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

I am not 100% sure but I had the same sort of issue with Windows XP. My freind sorted it and it was to do with the language that the keyboard is set in. My issue was all the time though and not just certain programs.

3. mikster49

mikster49 Thread Starter

Ha! I think i've got it fixed now, and the keys are working properly again! I just needed to change the language the keyboard was in from French to English again. Thanks!:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887638