1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard uk layout

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by deansgirl, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

hi there everyone i think ive made a mistake on my pc i had problems with my zboard and it started to change the buttons so i listened to someone who said get rid of the reg keys for uk keyboard (somehow) Now im stuck with US please please someone help me i have XP professional.

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Control Panel | Regional and Language Options
    Languages tab
    Details button
    If English (United Kingdom) is not in the drop down box under Default Input Language, nor shown under Installed Services, click the Add... button then select it from the drop down box under Input Language:.
    OK your way back to the desktop -- If you deleted the files as well as the registry keys, you'll probably need your Windows CD.

HTH

Jerry

3. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

hi there i have the windows cd for my pc just do u know what im looking for on there lol

4. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

DEansgirl,

following what outcaste said, it should ask you to put your windows XP CD in, without you having to manually look for anything.

If not and then English UK option is already there, then remove it from there, reboot and re-add it.

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

After you click OK, the system will search for the files on the hard drive. If found, it will tell you it found the files already present, then ask if you want to use the existing files or re-install from the Windows CD. A Yes answer uses the current files.

If the files are missing, it will simply prompt you to insert the Windows CD so it can copy whatever files you need.

DMcCabe makes an excellent point, if the UK option is there, but not working, remove then re-install.

Jerry

6. deansgirl

deansgirl Thread Starter

guys i have put the cd in but it's got 3 things saying install the windows (al of it)
    selected files (which i tried but nothing happened) so can someone please help me please

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice