1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard weird functions (remapped)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jazzGT, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jazzGT

jazzGT Thread Starter

My keyboard was sort of "remapped", with pairs of keys sharing the same functions.

For examle, the 'A' key has the 'A' input but also has a left windows logo function.
    The 'Z' key has the Z input but also is having a Mute function, the one the multimedia button for mute has. It works either way; if i type the left windows logo it will right an A.

Ive been reading a bit, and thought these keys are sharing functions because they are having the same Scancode.

How is this possible? How can I restore this to a normal setting?

P.S. I've already tried restarting, unplugging and plugging, updating/reinstalling drivers, a system recovery and a remapping software without success, what can be the real problem, hardware or software?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I would think hardware before software.
    Trying another keyboard would be the logical choice.

3. jazzGT

jazzGT Thread Starter

ok thanks ill look in to it,
    any further ideas would be nice

4. jazzGT

jazzGT Thread Starter

Ok i forgot to post the solution. Thanks kiwiguy, it was certainly a hardware problem. I guess it was all weird. I managed to fix it for a while by turning some funcions off with a remapping software. After a while i changed my keyboard and now everything works just fine. =)

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Thanks for letting us know!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice