1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

KEYBOARD WENT crazy

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Preacher John, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preacher John

Preacher John Thread Starter

while getting tech help from microsoft to try and get my presenter mouse to work in power point, they started downloading vista service pack 1. I have been using Visa Business for abou 6 months with no problems. They did this because a newer Vista driver for my mouse had neveR been installed and it would not insall so they upgraded the service pack. But it crashed. and when I finally got it running, the right half of my keyboard produces the wrong symbols. If I hold down The blue fn key most of he letters are correct. It is driving me crazy just typing THis. help! I've run a registry cleaner, rebooted, etc. any thoughts?

2. mcnugget

mcnugget

could it be the regional settings for your keyboard are somehow incorrect? go to START>CONTROL PANNEL>REGIONAL & LANGUAGE>KEYBOARDS & LANGUAGES(tab at the top). See if the settings are for your correct region ect?

Hope this helps.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Also check the "NumLock" key, is it on?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice