1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard wet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Inglonias, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Inglonias

Inglonias Thread Starter

(note that I and dictating and thus the computers translation may be an accurate. I'm using an onscreen keyboard to correct the worst errors as well as the parts of the keyboard that still work. Bear with me...)

Hello I tried to clean my keyboard yesterday afternoon and now it does not work . I removed each key individually And then I reinstate them all out in water . I thought that I had tried them for a long enough time to put them back in (which was about 2 hours) Whilst I brushed the keyboard down with alcohol swab qtips and dry toothbrush. Now most of the bottom row of my keyboard And that some of the middle of an top row Are nonfunctional I'd write the keyboard out overnight But that did not seem to help. It is a cheap board so it is fine if I have to replace it but nevertheless I would like it if this one worked.

This one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823665001

Is there anything that I can do besides continue to dry the keyboard?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you took all the keys off and cleaned them water - then dried them off completely

so why is the keyboard WET

if you have any water on the keyboard then theres a chance of failure and YES it does need to be completely dry - put in airing cupboard and allow to completely dry out

3. norton850

norton850

"It is a cheap board so it is fine if I have to replace it"

Probably a good idea. You can leave it for a few more days and see if it dries out but I wouldn't expect much.

4. Inglonias

Inglonias Thread Starter

Yeah. About a five dollar board.

I'm using a spare my dad had lying around. I'm guessing that if it doesn't work after today, its not worth trying to fix. Its $5.

Thanks for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice