1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ziecore, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

hi all:: im new here:: and as you can see i got a keyboard problem:: i got a acer laptop with this "Fn" button:: and i think i did something wrong i dont know what:: when i started my computer i couldnt type in my password:: so after trying for a while i noticed that if i hold in shift it works:: so i pressed capslock and held down shift to type my password and i got in:: but now i have to hold in shift every time i want to write something:: its like "slow keys" are on but not accualy on you know? i tried everything and i cant get rid of it! plz help

2. idowindows

idowindows

I don't know if a "hot key" sequence may have been activated inadvertedly - you can spend the rest of your weekend trying to figure that out.

If you don't have any keyboard problems when typing in a DOS invironment, it's likely a Widnows problem.

I would go to device manager, find that keyboard, right-click on it and select uninstall then reboot.

Windows should find the device on boot up and re-install it.

Keep us posted...

:cool:

3. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

um:: can you be more specific please:: im not so good at english and i dont know where to find device manager

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

Right click on My Computer and go to Properties. Select the Hardware tab. You should see the device manager then.

Find Keyboards, expand the menu, then right click on your keyboard, and select uninstall.

Then just reboot. It will likely come back online at standard factory settings then.

5. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

What if it doesnt?

6. apr911

apr911

check your scroll lock. This sometimes occurs with laptops with functions keys. If the scroll lock is on, it sometimes locks the function key to being on

7. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

Nope.. i have checked all of that.. but im gonna try what idowindows suggested.. and see if it works.. ill keep you posted

8. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

ok.. now i have done that.. but there is no change what so ever.. any other suggestions please?

9. apr911

apr911

your best bet for finding inadvertently activated hotkeys is control panel -> accessibility options... or control panel->keyboard... of course every computer is different, especially OEM O/S installs so they could prove false...

Also, check to make sure you have the right keyboard layout selected while in the keyboard controller of the control panel.

Have you checked your bios? maybe its a bios setting...

10. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

um.. sorry.. i have no idea what you are talking about :(

11. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

how do i check my bios?

12. ziecore

ziecore Thread Starter

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice