1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyboard's Numeric Pad quit working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edro, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edro

edro Thread Starter

My systems' data is below.
    My problem: My Keyboard's Numeric Pad quit working. I doubt the connection, but some time ago I installed IE 8. It seemed to give problems unknown with IE 7. It was on your program, I believe, that the advice was given to uninstall IE 8 and re-install IE 7, which I did. Unless I'm not remembering well, the number pad worked okay for both versions. Is there something to fix this within my system? Has the Keyboard gone bad? (All the other keyboard function seem n okay. Got a solution?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DELL KEYBOARD MODEL: R17D30
    TH-02R400-37171-349-2451
    REV AOO
    FCC ID: AQ6-7D30
    MADE IN THAILAND
    CU DATA: Dell Computer Corporation
    Dimension 4600
    Service Tag F91N031
    Express Service Code 33198683437
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
    Processor Speed 2.60 GHz
    Memory (RAM) 4096 MB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Operating System Version 5.1.2600

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Is the NumLock on?

3. edro

edro Thread Starter

Thanks, Triple6. Yes, Num Lock is on. I've clicked it on and off and on. The green light indicater of "On" goes on and off with switching, but the keys produce no response

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

A sure way to test is to try the keyboard on another computer.

5. edro

edro Thread Starter

Aside from a store we don't have access to another cooomputer. Any options or examples?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

7. edro

edro Thread Starter

I have had a chat with Dell Support. The agent says there's a hardware problem in the keyboard, and that replacement is the solution. So, while I mull this over, maybe do some shopping, it seems that yours and my dialog are concluded ... unless you have any other ideas. So, if this is the finale, thank you for being online for me. Ed.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/927364