1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keylogger

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dhoeffn, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhoeffn

dhoeffn Thread Starter

Thank you for providing this forum.

I run a small eBay assistant store in my home town. Recently I have been having an odd occurence on my eBay account. every other week or so, a succesfully completed auction will be flagged as non-payed (transactions in which I am the seller).

I called eBay and spoke with their techsupport, and they stated that the flagging is not a bug, and someone on my account is logging in and flagging them that way.

Now, I know that I am not doing it, and the two people who help me (immediate family) are not doing it either. That I am 100% positive.

Since eBay stated it is not a bug, my concern was that my account had been breeched. I immediately changed all passwords to my email accounts, PayPal, eBay, and anyother program that connects with any of those (AuctionWagon, Auctiva, etc.)

The passwords set are nothing that anyone should be able to guess.

Still this event is happening.

Since the only thing that is happening is bothersome and I do not see how anyone would get anything out of doing it besides causing me headaches (and unhappy customers), it feels personal.

I did have an employee that left on fairly reasonable terms that I unfortunately am starting to wonder if maybe a keylogger was installed on my computer.

I downloaded a proggie called KL-Detector and followed the instructions. The log it printed is attatched to this message. The file that was being created as I logged into eBay concerned me (see log) was C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt

I went to look for the file but there is no "Cookies" subfolder under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\

I tried the KL-Dector on another computer that no one but me has had access to ever, and it did not find the same txt being written while performing the same exact test.

I ran a search for [email protected], and nothing was found. Nothing in the recycle bin either.

Right now my antivirus is AVG7.5. My firewall is Comodo Firewall pro (I downloaded comodo recently after this started happening, so it has not been the on I used for the duration of the problem, before i was using the standard windows firewall.)

I use Ad-Aware anti-spyware, and no threats (serious ones) have been found.

I ran HJT and attatched the log.

Anyone have any other suggestions on what I should do? eBay has been no more help, and I can not find a software package made specifically to remove KLs.

Thank you in advanced.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!