1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keylogging

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Nord Hero123, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nord Hero123

Nord Hero123 Thread Starter

I just recently bought my 13 year old son a Laptop computer for his birthday. I Enabled the Content Advisor before giving it to him, and oddly enough, it has been disabled. I enabled it again, only to find the next day that it has been disabled again. I asked him if he has been the one doing this, and he always denies it. I suspect he has been looking at bad sites, and I made a fake ScreenName on AIM to send a keylogger to him. I was thinking I could send it to him through a .exe file, or .jpg, or maybe a song or something. Does anyone know any good keyloggers I can download to hide within a file? if so, can you please tell me exactly how I would actually do this? I've downloaded a few keyloggers before, but I am confused about how to actually hide it, and I need a trustworthy keylogger too. Thanks.

2. Nord Hero123

Bump...?

3. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Have you tried checking to see if there is a trail in the history list? Or if it is being deleted every useage/day? That may provide a clue about what sites are being visited. If he is altering the setting, I would assume that he would be smart enough to remove his history files and other tell tale signs of where he has been going. Assuming of course that he is indeed doing what you suspect. There is also a chance that he is not going there. Any of his friends using the machine?

4. redivivus

redivivus

If you really want a keylogger, i can send you a program... perhaps not completely legally.

However, anti-virus catches this thing so it has to be disabled or removed. The keylogger will run in stealth and log everything in a file.

But you should not need to do this lol. A 13 year old son should not be that smart lol.

Try checking the temporary internet files, where every image viewed is stored, as well as all websites, swf files, etc.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Way to easy to turn off the content advisor. It is a simple registry edit. You would have to block the Registry editing tools and merging of reg files into the registry. Your other option is to setup a proxy server on your home network that everything goes thru.

6. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

how about adding a list of sites to to the security tab (internet explorer) and a password prompt when ever he goes elseware.

I don't think a 13 year old should have a laptop free to browse the internet unsupervised.

If he doesn't know what it is you can add a VNC session so you can connect to his laptop to see what he is looking at.

7. Nord Hero123

I have checked Temporary Internet files, the History, and it keeps being set to reset in one day. I got on one time to see history traces of his school website, with a few gaming websites, and then after he went to bed, I looked again and they were gone. and the Temporary Internet Files were completely deleted also. "Friends using the machine?" Most likely not actually. When he has someone over they rarely go in his room, and the history is always deleted around night time anyway. The question I am really asking is just for, and how to work a keylogger, how to send it to him through a normal file. I could disable his virus protection and firewalls and such, and he wouldn't know the difference. Or if he IS looking at those sites, then maybe he would just ignore the security warning and continue on anyway. But as I said earlier, I am mostly just interested in finding a good keylogger, not in finding out every possibility of what he is doing. So if you know any good keyloggers please tell me about them, and how to hide one within a file, set the Email Address, etc...

8. Nord Hero123

Anyone? Remember, I am looking for a SENDABLE Keylogger, software, obviously not hardware, which can easily be hidden within an average document.

9. redivivus

redivivus

Why sendable if you have access to the computer? Can you just install it? Also what is your AIM sn?

10. Nord Hero123

I just need to know how to do this, that's it.

11. Nord Hero123

I don't have access to his laptop much, and I don't want to make it obvious that I am suspicious. Getting the laptop, installing and hiding the software would be much harder to do than send a keylogger to him. It is summer, so he isn't in school, or I would do it during his schooltime. All I need is just simple keylogging software that can easily be hidden in documents, and sent to another computer.

12. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think a visit to the TSG Rules is in order. We don't help with hacking here. We have no way of knowing what the real situation here is, so I'm closing this thead. Please don't ask for this kind of help here in the future.

For the "helpful" people that were suggesting solutions, please take another look at the rules too. :rolleyes:

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice