1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keys gone wild

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blipvert, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blipvert

blipvert Thread Starter

I have a Compaq v5000 laptop and suddenly the keyboard has gone crazy - it randomly types the wrong characters - if I type an m a zero appears, many other keys are not working also.
    I am typing now with an Inland wireless keyboard, model #70124.
    I recently updated my BIOS to the newest compaq one for my model. Things seemed fine, the update was about a week ago. now, today my keyboard is screwy... any ideas what is up? I did not find any clues while searching your forums.
    Thanks for any help you can offer!

Here is a samle off my typing with the laptop keyboard:

He336 There H6w 5s everyth5ng g65ng+

I typed:
    Hello There How is everything going....

2. blipvert

blipvert Thread Starter

I resolved the issue!

the numlock on my wireless keyboard was engaged - even when I unplugged it, and it was wreaking havoc with my laptop keyboard!

Fixed:)

boy do I feel dumb *LOL

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice