1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

keystroke logger

Discussion in 'General Security' started by gopherfan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gopherfan

gopherfan Thread Starter

My Ebay account was compromised and my password and email password were changed.I have changed them now, is there anyway to detect if someone remotely installed a keystroke logger on my CPU

2. Nesjemannen

Nesjemannen

Install SuperAntiSpyware

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

It should detect what's on your computer.

Also, do you have a virusscaner? Firewall? Live-Virus-Blocking?
    If not, GET IT!

Also, If still concerned - Install HijackThis v2.0.2
    http://filehippo.com/download/0e0a4476bb67470852b2d430cb13c07c/download/

Download the file to your deskop - Run it, It will install into your harddrive.

After installed, Run Hijackthis press "Do a system scan and save a logfile"
    When finished, copy and paste the log into the Malware and HJT forum - You can be sure to get expert help!

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you receive any emails asking for your credentials?

4. gopherfan

gopherfan Thread Starter

I have AVG (free) Adaware, and recently (after it happened) Superspyware. Will run a HJT log. No no one asked for anything I tried to log on and my password wouldn't work. When I finally changed that and got on I had @ 300 items in my watching list. They were using my account to send emails to undercut other sellers offline.

5. JCBNAZ

JCBNAZ

Personally, I haven't had any positive experiences with AVG. I think that you should consider getting Symantec AV @ the Home User level. Don't get the Norton Internet Security suite, just Symantec AV. The AV has Virus, Security Risk and Ad-ware protection. It's worth the $40 a year IMHO.

Do you also use seperate PW's for your Pay Pal & eBay account? If not, I highly recommend it. Also, you may want to ensure your current PW is Complex (Numbers, Letters (UPPER AND LOWER CASE) & Symbols) and at least 8 - 10 characters in length.

Good luck either way!

John

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!