Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

keystroke recorder?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Squashman 
#1 ·
:confused:
Im sure this one is WAY out there but Im trying to retreive some infro that my son has that i believe is or is going to be damaging that is password protected...We have tried being in the room when he logs on his yahoo, but he avoids us. As he normally has the right, but this is some stuff little children shouldn't be messin with....

anyhow is there software that will record keystrokes while working in the background? or a way to retrieve it in the history some how? Not to sure about the history part...but if there isn't a piece of software maybe im on to something--

thanx

#3 ·
There is key logging software 'out there' that records key strokes, but I don't think that's a route you want to take.

How old is your son? You said 'little children' so I assume he's quite young? In which case, he has NO rights when it comes to doing something dangerous.

I don't know what this information is that you say is potentially damaging, but you must have some idea. So ask your son about it. You are the parent and he (and his actions) are your responsibility.

It's not a matter of 'trying to be in the same room' when he's doing something and allowing him to 'avoid' doing it.

Tell him that unless he gives you the answers you need, you'll ban him from using the computer (password protect it so he can't log on, or if necessary remove it - or remove and hide the keyboard and mouse).

If the problem is with internet access then IE history might tell you where he's surfing - unless he knows enough to delete the history. You could also investigate parental control programs, which offer various options such as restricting access to certain sites, preventing certain words being typed in the web browser (such as your surname, address etc), and 'logging' activity.

#8 ·
I have a hardware KeyLogger, they work great as long as they dont look behind the computer and see it. They also make keyboards that have keyloggers built into them. Even if he clears his INternet history you can still see his internet history in the Index.dat file. Alot of the new broadband routers have WebBlocking in them as well. You can block certain website on the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.