1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Keyword filtering in Adobe Bridge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by pearlteeth, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pearlteeth

pearlteeth Thread Starter

Hey!

I'm a graphic designer trying to find a good system for sorting and browsing my stock images. I figured I'd use bridge since I've already got it as a part of CS3.

Applying keywords is no problem, but I run into roadblocks when I try filtering.

Basically, I want subtractive filtering. So if I filter by keyword 'woman', only the pictures with women in them will appear. If I filter further by 'blond', I want it to show me only blond women, not pictures of women and pictures of blond people.

Also, I'm confused by so-called hierarchical keywords. When applying the keywords, you can create sub-keywords, but they are only useful for applying many keywords at once. when filtering, they appear as any other top-level keyword. What is the use in this?

It seems like there is a way to do what I want, but I just haven't found the right button, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

2. pearlteeth

pearlteeth Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice