1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kill Plug n'Pray!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deuce, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Does anybody know how to disable plug n'play? I read how to do it once but it was awhile ago and don't remember how to do it... and also I think there was a utility you needed too. For the most part that darn plan n'pray hasn't bothered me too much--just click "cancel" whenever it tried to install microsoft's drivers--but now on this pc I'm building for somebody the plug n'play automatically installs the drivers before I can even do anything. It is really pissing me off. This computer boots into windows in less than 12 sec and by the time the moniter is finally coming into focus it is updating system files and bringing up the desktop. No matter what I do. If I delete the driver it installed and install the manufacture's driver than when I reboot p'np just installs ms's driver again... except that for everyfile it tries to install it gives me the thing on that the ms driver is older than the manufacture one and to keep it or not. So I click yes to keep it on every file and then the next time I restart p'np tries to do the whole thing all over again. It keeps trying to install it until I finally let it install ms's drivers. This is driving me crazy!! I have always hated that thing but now it has gone too far. :rolleyes:

I am running Me (yes, I know :rolleyes: ) on an ASUS mobo with pheonix bios.

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

3. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Thanks... I was driving myself crazy that I couldn't remember how to do it. :rolleyes: :)

4. supertech

supertech

you should be able to disable it in your bios:D

5. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Your welcome Duece

6. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Just merely disabling the option for plug n'play OS in the bios doesn't stop it from actually doing its business. (just for those maybe reading this with the same problem) You're a life saver Brooks... I can actually install the right drivers now for everything. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice