Kind of Memory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IgneousPrime

Hey. What kind of memory do I get for my Sony Vaio PCG-K45 Laptop? It comes pre-installed with 512 MB PC2100's I think, or so it says. I'm confused though because some people recommend me to get PC2700's or 3200's since my CPU is a P4 3.2 GHZ processor. I want to get the best memory that I can for under $200 (around 512 mb) but I'm not sure what PC to get. Can anyone help me out?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Most of the major Memory manufacturers and sellers have Memory Configurators on their Webpages! (Crucial, Kingston, Corsair, etc...)

You just punch in your model number and it gives you choices. You might want to make sure you have an available memory slot. Most laptops only have two memory slots. They may have shipped your computer with two sticks of 256mb. You can use a program like Belarc Advisor to tell you if their is memory in each slot or you can probably just pop of the cover on the bottom of your laptop to see how much memory is in their.

Here is the link to your Laptop on Crucial

Your laptop can take two stick of 512mb PC2700

Faster memory will still only run at the PC2100 speed of the bus. Higher speed will gain you nothing.

Google says it uses PC2100 DDR SODIMM 200 pin RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online