1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kindle Fire for my birthday

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by DaveA, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Well the wife, did get me a Kindle Fire as I have had on my Christmas Wish List, but got it on my birthday instead.

Nice toy, but I need to spend some time with it. I have a class to teach this morning, then I will be able to really dig into it.

OH, by the way, the wife mistakenly ordered two of them, so she just will have to keep the second one :D :rolleyes:

2. Android_FX

Android_FX

We are all happy for you ;) :p

3. Jamkas

Jamkas

Happy Belated Birthday! Congratulations on the Kindle Fire.

I picked one up a few weeks ago and I'd like to give it a pretty good review, but I'll be waiting for the next update which will get rid of a lot of the performance issues that you may not notice.

It was released on Wednesday the 21st.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Yes, we got the update last night.

So, far we are real pleased with the machines and OS.
    We have watched a few of the movie "trailers" but no full movies. I am not into watching a moving on a small screen. The music sounds are very clear, but need to get some earphone to give them a try.

The email is working as needed and the web pages are as good as one could expect on such a small screen.

There needs to be some "arrow keys" so one does not have to backup and retype everything.

We are still learning, but over all it is a good purchase.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You could send the 2nd one to me for Christmas!

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    NO, you will have a big fight with the wife, as she just got a $50.00 gift card at Kindle for her use. She is really adapting to it and is finding all kinds of new books.

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Bought a Kindle last Christmas for my wife and she is addicted to it. I was thinking about getting her the FIRE but I felt it was just to limited in features. No SD card slot. Doesn't run Honeycomb. And I believe it doesnt' have access to the Android Market.

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Yes, there are some of the "Android" products will not run on the Fire, but new versions of some of these programs are appearing.

The use of the Cloud instead of a SD and I do not know anything about or what Honeycomb is.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice