1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Kindle Fire won't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'Other Mobile Devices' started by dogluver, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

All my other devices connect, but a few days ago my Kindle will no longer connect. It say wifi is turned on, but won't connect to a network. I've put my password in a bunch of times, but nothing works. Please help! I really don't want to reboot my modem and router since I did this a few months ago.

Thanks so much!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I have no experience with whatever Kindle you have, but my remedy when my original Kindle Fire gets itself into that state is to shut it down (turn off) for a couple minutes. I've always then been able to reconnect it when turning it on.

If you can't spare the two minutes this takes I have no more suggestions if the above does not work for you.

3. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. I've tried shutting it off and then holding the power button for 25 seconds. That did nothing. I'm so frustrated since I have an laptop and Ipad that connect with no problem. I would love to hear about other things to try. Thanks so much!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure on the Kindle that you "forget" the network or delete the wireless profile or whatever you can do to make the Kindle think it never knew about the network. Then turn it off and unplug the router. Plug the router back in and let it settle. Then turn the Kindle back on and try again.

If this doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. This is only a test, so whether it works or not remember to re-enable encryption and try the connect yet again.

If still no success you could try the Kindle on another network (e.g., free public hotspot).

5. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Thanks so much! I will try this tomorrow. I really appreciate your help.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Good luck with it.

7. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Hello again, Just wanted to thank you again for your help. I finally called Amazon and after over an hour speaking with 2 different people, they were unable to fix my Kindle. So, I purchased a new one and am very happy. The Kindle Fire HD 10.1 is awesome. I love it!

Thanks again!

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) I'm sorta hoping my original Kindle Fire will give me an excuse to buy a new one. :D

9. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Help! I have a blue light but the setup page says dns could not be found. What do I do?????

10. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Says no internet address can be found even though I have a great connection. I reset the extender to factory settings. Could that be the problem??

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  11. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Now my laptop won't connect. Don't know what I did??

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Is this an issue with your new Kindle Fire HD 10.1? It sounds more like maybe your other thread (extender)?

13. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Sorry for all the confusion. I spent hours trying to connect my extender and nothing worked. Then out of nowhere my laptop wouldn't load any websites except youtube and google. After a lot of research i found out I have a problem with DNS. so I watched a youtube video and nothing worked. I'm stressed out because I'm a teacher and need to do lesson plans.

So that is probably why I couldn't connect to the set up page for my extender. I had excellent Wi-Fi and the blue light was on. Sorry for all these multiple problems.

Any ideas on how to fix DNS??? Should I start a new thread since this is not a kindle problem??

Thanks for any help!!!

14. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Yes, please continue with the "extender thread" or start a new one in Networking, depending on which seems more appropriate to you.

15. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice