1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kingston Flash, not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nicnice, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicnice

nicnice Thread Starter

Hello everyone,
    I have used my kingston flash drive for about 8 months and then suddenly it stopped working. There is nothing unusual that happened the last time I used it, i.e. pulling it out too fast, or saving software to it.

The Problem: When I insert the flash drive into my usb port, Windows XP automatically recognizes the drive. I can see the drive in My Computer. When I attempt to access the drive I get "Please Insert a Disk into Drive E:" when I go to properties, it shows 0 bytes for free space, and 0 bytes for used space (the pie graph shows all blue). Then I attempted to Format and I recieved the message, "There is no disk in drive E: Insert a disk and try again" I have tried this on more than one PC as well.

Can someone please help me? I'm not worried so much about the data as I am just being able to use the drive again. Thanks.

2. flashsnaps

flashsnaps

What happens when you click on your Harddrive in My computer?
    Do you get the same response? Or is it just for the flash drive.

3. nicnice

nicnice Thread Starter

When I click on my Hard drive I am able to access it, and when I look at the properties I am able to see how much disk space I've used and how much is available. Only when I click on this particular Flash drive. I've used other flash drives on this PC and they work fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!