1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kingston RAM?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jakesp, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jakesp

jakesp Thread Starter

Hi

I'm looking to buy a 1gb stick of PC2700 RAM and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on Kingston RAM? It's the cheapest with a recognisable name that I've found so far - I want to spend as little as possible without getting something rubbish!

Thanks, Jake

2. digger747

digger747

I build computers and have been using kingston ram with great success.Have used hyper-x and value ram.Crucial is supposed to be good but i got 2 bad sticks from them,maybe just bad luck on my part.Anyway thats all i use in my builds now.

3. junker39

junker39

I use nothing but Crucial. (around 16 now) I have had two bad sticks and Crucial is very good about replacing with no hassles. I hear nothing but good comments on Kingston, as digger747 says. Just stay away from the el cheapo, high quality, super performance ,no name, no warranty RAM that is available everywhere. Good luck.

4. jakesp

jakesp Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. At the moment I'm using 2x 256mb Twinmos sticks, which have been great, but I had a bad experience with a 512mb 'no name' one, so I definitely won't be going for the very cheapest option again!

Jake

5. jakesp

jakesp Thread Starter

Sorry - just another question. Has anyone used Corsair's value series RAM at all?

6. shadowcat

shadowcat

I've used Corsair XMS series before and find it stable, so I assume the value series will be OK, too.

I've used Crucial many times and have heard good things about Kingston.

7. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    I've used both Kingston and Corsair and never had any problems with either ...

8. jakesp

jakesp Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice - I think I might go with the Corsair Value stuff as its 400mhz and slightly cheaper than the Kingston 333mhz

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!