1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Knights of the Old Republic 2 Lucasarts Release Date Shennenigans

Discussion in 'Games' started by Servant of Eru, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru Thread Starter

For those who haven't already heard, Lucasarts, after promising that the X-Box and PC release dates for one of the most highly anticipated games of next year would be simultaneous so as to avoid various grievances from PC gamers from the first title that are more or less summed up in THIS THREAD. The gist of it is that even though They knew that X-Box development was running ahead of PC development, to generate hype, they said they'd be released simultaneously. Now, a couple months before the new release date of the US X-Box version, they've announced they're going to screw over PC and International customers, release the US X-Box version two entire months before the PC and International version, which means that any PC and International customers who frequent gaming forums, unless they decide to cut themselves off of the internet for the intermittent two months, are going to know just about the entire plot before they play the game. Not a good thing for a CRPG.

The only reason I'm bringing this up here, is to ask of our resident US lawyers whether there's some US law similar to the European one brought up by one of the forum posters in the thread I linked to earlier:

And whether I'd have an actual case should I decide to bring down the wrath of the legal system upon them.

This sucks,

JT

2. michael863

michael863

i doubt there's a law...its america...land of the free

if they finish xbox version earlier, who is to stop them from releasing it earlier, its their game

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice