1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Knocked off cable modem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by beachboi, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beachboi

beachboi Thread Starter

Hi everyone-Whenever I print a document, my pc connection with the internet is lost. This forces me to reboot each time, which is really annoying. I have windows 95, cable broadband internet, and a Epson printer.
    Thx for the help.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    High-speed cable is an "Always on" connection and should not disconnect when you activate the printer to print something. Contact your ISP and advise them of the problem.

Why are you still using Windows 95? Full USB support is available only with Windows 98SE or newer, and it's much better operating system.

What speed is your processor and how much RAM is installed? If your computer is a factory brand, what is the brand name, model name, and model number?

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

where did the original post say anything about usb?

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    It didn't. I was just making him aware of it.

5. mtown_onsite

mtown_onsite

I could see this happening if both the cablemodem and printer are connected via usb... and Something is flaky with either the usb card or drivers. (or 95's handling of usb)
    Do you connect to the cable modem via usb? If so, can you connect with ethernet? (its better to connect with ethernet anyways)

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Mtown:

If he's using Windows 95, I seriously doubt that he's using a USB connection.

7. garyk_52

garyk_52

I'm assuming you are using a parallel port printer, and I'm also assuming you or someone installed a ethernet card in your system. If this is the case have you gone to settings,contol panel, system, and check the interupts and see if the parallel port and the nic are trying to share the same interupt. Could be a conflict.

Lots of assuming going on here :D

Cheers
    garyk_52

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice