knoppix

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Yes do be careful about what language you get:D
I accidentally downloaded the German awhile ago. The english one is called KNOPPIX_V3.1-2002-12-11-EN
I'ts the only distro I could find with KDE that doesnt require its own partition. Oh yeah there is a disadvantage to it, by default your hard drive is read only, and it writes to a ramdisk, you have to play with it to save to the hard drive.

BTex

It is a good tool for us rookies that are trying to learn a little

Yeah I used it yesterday for awhile.
Comes with tons of good stuff, OpenOffice, gAIM, games, 2 browsers, IRC, all of it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online