1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Knoppix

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by comprookie20, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. comprookie20

comprookie20 Thread Starter

I'm just fooling around and I was tring to get the sound to work so I ran/ect/init.d/alsa-autoconfig and it told me it could harm my system (windows xp home) should I just forget about the sound or what thanks david

2. BTex

BTex

I have had similiar problem with sound but only on an Intel motherboard. with sound onboard

3. comprookie20

comprookie20 Thread Starter

Well I got the sound to work,I checked all the settings and all it saw was the onboard sound so I went back to windows XP and enabled that and now it works,the only problem is now I have the inborn sound and my PCI sound card enabled and hope I don't mess anything up.david

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!