Know how to "word wrap" in Outlook monthly view?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whinyguy

Dreamboat or anyone else: Is there any way to get Outlook to word wrap the appointments in the monthly calendar view? Appointments are only allowed a single line and get cut off when printing, even though there might be room within that particular day. In the "define style" for the print monthly view it only allows for specification of font size.

This might help. Click on your appointment. Move your mouse over the border, until it turns into a double headed arrow. Drag your appointment box down. The box will now accomodate another line.

Whinyguy

Raphael: Unfortunately, all that will do is lengthen the duration of the appointment to a later time, not affect the default formatting of the appointment printing when in the monthly view. When printing in the monthly view mode, there is plenty of room in the box on any given day. However, the appointments don't wrap to fill the space. I suspect this is simply a flaw in the way the program was designed, however if someone has figured out a way around it, I'd appreciate knowing. AW

Anne Troy

Anne
Lame workarounds:

Decrease the font size you mentioned, you can type in a number less than 8.

Use Word for a printed calendar.

Sorry, Alan.

Whinyguy

Yeah, I kinda knew this was a futile pursuit but was hoping there was somebody out there that had figured out how to deal with yet another Microsoft deficiency. You have to shrink the font to something bordering on microscopic to get everything on one line. Thanks anyway.

Please don't yell at me for this idea. Set your appointment for one hour. Type half your appointment in the subject box, the other half in the location one. You will get your second line in parenthesis.

Whinyguy

Well, thats certainly creative. Actually, even the location information is cut off on the monthly view. Only one line is allowed. But thanks for the effort.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online