1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

know of a dictionary that keeps track of words you have looked up?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by remsoh, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remsoh

    remsoh Thread Starter

    Jun 3, 2006
    I am looking for a utility like the Spell Check feature in MS Word that scans the text and keeps a list of all words you have defined by looking that word up. It would scan all words on a screen no matter if from a text editor or browser. It would highlight the word in the text some way and clicking it would bring you to a dictionary entry. It should have more than one dictionary available so computer, legal, medical etc. could be included.
    Vocabulary building is the key to intelligence and productivity I am told.
  2. Squashman

    Squashman Trusted Advisor

    Apr 4, 2003
    I have never heard of any programs that can spell check every piece of software. It usually has to be builtin to the program or a plugin for the application. Word has a Custom dictionary option. And Internet Explorer has a spell checking plugin called IEspell. That is about all I know.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485387

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice