1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Known issues with VM SuperHub 2 And HP pavillion?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by B3nj0, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B3nj0

B3nj0 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I'm having persistent trouble connecting to my home network.

Let me try and describe what's happening...

I switch on my laptop, a HP Pavillion (running the most recent windows 8 update) and attempt to connect to my home network. The network name is displayed with a white cross through a red circle. I'm prompted to enter the security key since "Some information has changed since the last time you connected. We need additional information to complete the connection". Ok, that's strange... I enter the security key and then receive the message "The network security key isn't correct. Please try again".

Let me confirm, the security key IS correct.

From here the only way I can connect is to reset the router, restart my laptop and start over.

Previous attempts to fix this have included changes to power management settings, manually adding a network, confirmed the router is running the latest update.

There are multiple devices successfuly connected here at home. In addition this problem doesn't occur when connecting to say my parents network or the library.

Please, any suggestions will be greatly received, this is beginning to drive me mad.

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

3. B3nj0

B3nj0 Thread Starter

My home network doesn't even show in 'Known networks'...

4. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Are you using HP wireless assistant to connect?
    Could also be called Wireless Services Manager or HP Intelligent Management.

5. B3nj0

B3nj0 Thread Starter

I'm not using HP wireless assistant to connect but perhaps I could try. Ill also search the above.

Any more suggestions folks?

Thanks.

6. armadillo_

armadillo_

Check in your access point/router for your Wifi encryption type. Your encryption type should be AES, TKIP or TKIP+AES. (if you don't know, just try all the three...)

Follow this guide to connecting to your wireless network and configuring your encryption type: http://r1.umkc.edu/wireless/Windows8.asp

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice