1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kodak Camera/EasyShare Installation Question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by golferguy, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. golferguy

golferguy Thread Starter

Good day all, I have a Kodak dx3700 camera/easyshare dock that is a few years old. It is currently installed on a computer that runs 98OS. I wan to install the camera/easysharedock on a new computer with XP. The software version that I came with the camera is 1.0. The current version available on the Kodak website for download/installation is 4.0.

Do I need to install the old software on the the XP computer and then overwrite with the 4.0 after download? OR Can I just download the 4.0 and go from there?

The Kodak website implies that you can just download the 4.0 software, but doesn't come and say what to do either way.

Any help is appreciated.

Golferguy

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There is a theory held by many that camera software should carry a health warning. It is usually problematical.

Under Windows XP, you should not need any software to be loaded.

Connecting the camera should enable it to show up as a "removeable drive" under Windows Explorer. From there you can drag and drop the files to your hard disk, and store them wherever you choose.

Plenty of free image editing software abounds, most is significantly better than that provided by camera software.

3. gkm24

gkm24 It's My Birthday!

I have a Kodak camera with the software installed on Xp with no probs at all. I believe you can install your version and then upgrade from their site or just download from the site. While you are there, down load the onetouch software as well. It works very well with my Pc and printer which are nothing special at all. It made a big difference to the quality of prints.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Because nobody has fully answered your question yet I will. You can download Kodak's software and install it without any other ver installed, at least on a system with XP. Go to Kodaks site and just ensure if it is compatible with your O/S. If it is you're in luck.
    Edit: I had a bit more time so I checked it out for you. It should be compatible with ALL versions of windows. Go ahead and download it. have fun.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice