1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

kodak- difficulty with flash in manual mode Help!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sarple, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarple

sarple Thread Starter

While in manual mode, I am unable to turn on flash; I only have the option of off /s low front sync. I have checked the manual, which says I should have all flash capabilities in manual mode. I think somehow default for manual mode must have been changed, but manual does not explain how it might have happened or how to correct. Can anyone help me to regain use of the flash in manual mode????

Thank you....

2. hewee

hewee

May you need more light still. What I mean on camera I have if I went outside and it was dark and I go to take a picture even with the flash I could not unless I turned on the outside light.
    My other camera it can be so dark outside I can not see what I am doing and the flash works and lights everything up and I can take a picture.
    So it may just be the way your camera works or you got some setting that needs changed.

3. sarple

sarple Thread Starter

Occasionally my camera flash will not fire when in bright surroundings, it senses that it is not needed. However, in manual mode it does not work at all- only when it is a slow sync. I can't even access the menu to change it around- it's just slow front or off. I've tried playing with settings in other modes and in different settings (dark/environments)..... I think that somehow the defaults were changed or something was set, but I don't know how to change those back to have full access. Any ideas how to arrange full acess to flash adjustments in M? The manual says that I should be be able to adjust flash settings here, so I know something isn't right....

4. hewee

hewee

No I can not think of anything else but to look at the manual.
    Post the model you have and maybe someone else will know more about it because your missing what is in the manual or it's not telling you everything.
    Like the way the two camera's I talked about. You had info in the manual but still it did till you everything. I was thinking with the flash I could take a picture but you really needed other light also.
    Then the Nikon coolpix I tried to see if it do better outside and found out it could take a picture in the dark without any other light. So dark I have to go into the light to make the setting and then I go back out to take a picture of something that I had to guess I was getting into the picture because it's so dark I can't see but it has a great flash that flashes many times and then you get a picture. Not always the best but it works great no matter how dark it is.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758547

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice