1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Kodak Easyshare software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hansik, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansik

hansik Thread Starter

Hi,
    on a recent overseas trip I desperately had to offload 1000+ images from the 1 GB memory stick but unaware of the consequences went to a KODAK machine in a drugstore and ended up having to deal with the "arrogant" Easyshare software creating heaps of problems on my PC.
    Can someone advise on the following:
    1. From these KODAK CD's (I have 10) can I transfer to my usual Explorer/My pictures?
    2. All .jpg images now have the KODAK symbol - how can I bring them back to Explorer?
    3. Any problems to uninstall Easyshare software? (I am very suspicious there might be problems the way this software installed itself).
    Thanks for your good ideas.

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

I have a Kodak cd from quite awhile ago so I'm not sure if they are the same now but using Widows Explorer I have no trouble copy and pasting to a new folder of my choice..

Right click on anyone of your jpg's and click "open with " select the program you wish to use and check the box that say "always use this program"...

I uninstalled the Kodacrap softwarte from my fathers computer with no ill effects...

3. hansik

hansik Thread Starter

Great, it works, thanks so much for your advice. Now I have to find all the KODAK.jpg images on my HD and transfer them as well.Any idea how to do that?

4. slipe

slipe

I think Kodak stores them in C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Shared Documents/Shared Pictures/Kodak. If you don’t have XP or can’t find them there, Start > Search and enter the file name for one of the images. If you don’t have access to one just look at the most recent from your camera and back it up until you know it is one you stored with EasyShare.

5. hansik

hansik Thread Starter

Great, thanks, it works - I found my images under my documents/my pictures/Kodak/my pictures but discovered later on when clicking the image in KODAK Easyshare/properties
    all details about picture location, camera settings, dates etc. are available- not too bad.:)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice